apparently the BBC reckons most people will have only read 6 of the 100 books here.Continue Reading...
Archives For February 2009
i am a Caribbean black man married to a white southern woman. that statement alone is a set up for all manner of assumptions and all of them are wrong.Continue Reading...
wherein our erstwhile theorist waxes on the differences between ponce-y and spastic dancing and communing with the mothership.Continue Reading...
i’m a huge movie fan, the meme that circulated recently doesn’t even begin to cover it. i come by this love of the big screen honestly, my mother was huge fan and took the time to introduce me to her screen idols. strangely we don’t go out to the movies much any more, but with netflix and cable tv, it’s easy to catch up eventually.
i will watch almost anything; except the new school of american horror or as it’s more appropriately titled gore porn; and every now and again i’ll come across a movie so depressing or so lacking in redemption that I have to find something that will not necessarily uplift but at least cleanse the palette. mind you, i don’t expect every movie i watch to be uplifting and bring a sense of purpose to my life, but i also don’t enjoy being emotionally drained and feeling like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. the movie that brings that balance back for me is Harold & Kumar go to White Castle, listed hereafter as H&KG2WK.
the first time i need a moment of H&KG2WK was after watching Lord of War with Nicholas Cage. i’m not a fan of Cage, but the movie kept me engrossed and the child soldiers demoralised me. i was numb after watching the movie and i was flipping through the channels to get my mind clear when i happened on H&KG2WK. it was hysterical, it was silly and it was just the sort of brain bleach i needed.
so i developed the scale, with the number being how many times would i need to watch H&KG2WK to rinse a particular movie from my mind. here are a few examples:
i could go on but you get the idea.
25 Random Things
So the “rules” are that if you’ve been tagged with this note you are supposed to repeat the exercise with 25 random any things about you.
1. i share my birthday with my paternal grandmother and father
2. astrologically it makes me leo on the cusp of virgo
3. i’m really good with computers and electronics
4. i hate seeing clocks blinking 12:00
5. i don’t dance
6. i enjoy doing taxes
7. i find house painting relaxing
8. i’m the sort of friend that would help you bury the body
9. i’ve had two surgeries in my life
10. i’ve never broken any bones
11. i’ve driven on the autobahn
12. i can read a bit of german
13. i’ve seen metallica live
14. i’ve seen tool live
15. i’ve seen weird al live
16. i’ve seen burning spear live
17. i interned in a gallery space in ny for six weeks
18. i have an incredibly high tolerance for alcohol
19. i don’t get hangovers
20. i don’t do recreational drugs
21. when i get drunk i go to sleep
22. i’ve never been on a cruise
23. i took my first flight at 2 months
24. the furthest west i’ve driven in the US is Iowa
25. i love to drive.
USING ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you might think! Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s really hard to only use one word answers. Be sure to tag the person you received it from!
1. Where is your cell phone? desk
2. Your significant other? victoria
3. Your hair? dreads
4. Your mother? sigh
5. Your father? missing
6. Your favorite song? panic
7. Your dream last night? unremembered
8. Your favorite drink? water
9. Your dream/goal? living
10. What room you are in? cube
11. Your hobby? reading
12. Your fear? loneliness
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? comforatble
14. Where were you last night? store
15. Something that you aren’t? rich
16. Muffins? blueberry
17. Wish list item? books
18. Where you grew up? trinidad
19. Last thing you did? type
20. What are you wearing? clothes
21. Your TV? home
22. Your pets? cat
23. Friends? fantastic
24. Your life? blessed
25. Your mood? amused
26. Missing someone? always
27. Car? mazda
28. Something you’re not wearing? watch
29. Your favorite store? apple
30. Your favorite color? grey
33. When is the last time you laughed? morning
34. Last time you cried? months
35. Who will resend this? many
36. Favorite vacation? london
37. One person who emails me regularly? sam
38. My favorite place to eat? thai
Rules: Copy to your own note, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag 10 people. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real; nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can’t use your name for the boy/girl name question. Not always as easy as it looks. Have Fun!!”
1. What is your name: keifel
2. A four Letter Word: kiss
3. A boy’s Name: kevin
4. A girl’s Name: kendra
5. An occupation: killer
6. A color: kiwi
7. Something you wear: kilt
8. A food: kielbasa
9. Something found in the bathroom: kotex
10. A place: kingston
11. A reason for being late: knotted kites
12. Something you shout: know nothing!
13. A movie title: Kill Bill
14. Something you drink: Kool-Aid
15. A musical group: kraftwerk
16. An animal: koala