Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers and type in your answersContinue Reading...
Archives For facebook
apparently the BBC reckons most people will have only read 6 of the 100 books here.Continue Reading...
25 Random Things
So the “rules” are that if you’ve been tagged with this note you are supposed to repeat the exercise with 25 random any things about you.
1. i share my birthday with my paternal grandmother and father
2. astrologically it makes me leo on the cusp of virgo
3. i’m really good with computers and electronics
4. i hate seeing clocks blinking 12:00
5. i don’t dance
6. i enjoy doing taxes
7. i find house painting relaxing
8. i’m the sort of friend that would help you bury the body
9. i’ve had two surgeries in my life
10. i’ve never broken any bones
11. i’ve driven on the autobahn
12. i can read a bit of german
13. i’ve seen metallica live
14. i’ve seen tool live
15. i’ve seen weird al live
16. i’ve seen burning spear live
17. i interned in a gallery space in ny for six weeks
18. i have an incredibly high tolerance for alcohol
19. i don’t get hangovers
20. i don’t do recreational drugs
21. when i get drunk i go to sleep
22. i’ve never been on a cruise
23. i took my first flight at 2 months
24. the furthest west i’ve driven in the US is Iowa
25. i love to drive.
USING ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you might think! Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s really hard to only use one word answers. Be sure to tag the person you received it from!
1. Where is your cell phone? desk
2. Your significant other? victoria
3. Your hair? dreads
4. Your mother? sigh
5. Your father? missing
6. Your favorite song? panic
7. Your dream last night? unremembered
8. Your favorite drink? water
9. Your dream/goal? living
10. What room you are in? cube
11. Your hobby? reading
12. Your fear? loneliness
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? comforatble
14. Where were you last night? store
15. Something that you aren’t? rich
16. Muffins? blueberry
17. Wish list item? books
18. Where you grew up? trinidad
19. Last thing you did? type
20. What are you wearing? clothes
21. Your TV? home
22. Your pets? cat
23. Friends? fantastic
24. Your life? blessed
25. Your mood? amused
26. Missing someone? always
27. Car? mazda
28. Something you’re not wearing? watch
29. Your favorite store? apple
30. Your favorite color? grey
33. When is the last time you laughed? morning
34. Last time you cried? months
35. Who will resend this? many
36. Favorite vacation? london
37. One person who emails me regularly? sam
38. My favorite place to eat? thai
Rules: Copy to your own note, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag 10 people. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real; nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can’t use your name for the boy/girl name question. Not always as easy as it looks. Have Fun!!”
1. What is your name: keifel
2. A four Letter Word: kiss
3. A boy’s Name: kevin
4. A girl’s Name: kendra
5. An occupation: killer
6. A color: kiwi
7. Something you wear: kilt
8. A food: kielbasa
9. Something found in the bathroom: kotex
10. A place: kingston
11. A reason for being late: knotted kites
12. Something you shout: know nothing!
13. A movie title: Kill Bill
14. Something you drink: Kool-Aid
15. A musical group: kraftwerk
16. An animal: koala
facebook has me thinking about the nature of friendship.
i’ve met a lot of people in my life and there are quite a few that i’m honoured to call my friends. one of my best friends is my ex-wife and we joke that we almost ruined a perfectly good friendship by getting married. one of my friends has described me as the person that you call to help you bury the body. all of this to say friendship is not something i take lightly.
which is why i approached facebook with a different perspective than most. i joined to keep in contact with my children and as more and more people i knew joined it helped me keep in touch with them. people that occasionally sent multi-kb missives every few months are now more accessible. one of my policies is not to add people i don’t know. according to some people that’s contrary to what facebook is about. i’m late 30-something year old man, i don’t need to be making friends online.
what’s interesting about that stance is how people react. if i get a request and i don’t know who it is, i tend to send an email requesting clarificaiton. there are people that have changed their names, people who i only knew by their nicknames, people i’ve worked with or went to school with and forgot about. in the twenty-something years since i’ve left high shcool i’ve worked in advertising and the media, two fields that afforded me the opportunity to meet a ton of people. i honestly don’t remember everyone, so i am going to ask how we know each other and if you can’t be bothered to answer, i’m not going to accept the request. cussing me out for denying your request simply proves i’m right not accept the request. and on that subject, if i went to school with you and you kicked my ass on a daily basis, i’m not going to be your friend. it’s petty yes, but i think i’m entitled to hold a grudge.
i think facebook is a great way to network and meet new people but not everyone uses it for the same purpose and as part of a social construct, that should be acceptable too.