got this from my friend franka
[ a litte background info, david coleman is a famed english sports commentator]
here are some of his greatest moments:
- Thats the fastest time ever run – but its not as fast as the world
- Dont tell those coming in the final result of that fantastic match, but
lets just have another look at Italys winning goal.
- For those of you watching who do not have television sets, live commentary
is on Radio 2.
- This is a truly international field, no Britons involved.
- Both of the Villa scorers – Withe and Mortimer – were born in Liverpool as
was the Villa manager Ron Saunders who was born in Birkenhead.
- Hes 31 this year – last year he was 30.
- He won the bronze medal in the 1976 Olympics so hes used to being out
- We estimate, and this isnt an estimation, that Greta Waltz is 80 seconds
- Linford Christies got a habit of pulling it out when it matters most.
- The late start is due to the time.
- Hes got his hands on his knees and holds his head in despair.
- Hes even smaller in real life than he is on the track.
- This could be a repeat of what will happen in the European games next
- Its a battle with himself and with the ticking fingers of the clock.
- Here are some names to look forward to – perhaps in the future.
- In the Moscow Olympics Lasse Viren came in fifth and ran a champions race.
- He just cant believe whats not happening to him.
- One of the great unknown champions because very little is known about him.
- Therell be only one winner now – in every sense.
- He is accelerating all the time. The last lap was run in 64 seconds and
the one before that in 62.
- The big Cuban opened his legs and showed his class.
- (At the velodrome) The front wheel crosses the fininsh line, closely
followed by the back wheel.
the rest of these gems can be found here